1. Caifanes, “Perdí Mi Ojo de Venado”
Why: Because it’s absolutely the best song about losing a charm that protects you from the “evil eye.”
2. Heroes Del Silencio, “Entre Dos Tierras”
Why: Because you wondered what planet that voice came from.
3. Duncan Dhu, “En Algun Lugar”
Why: Because hundreds of bodies began moving in unison at this moment.
4. Soda Stereo, “De Música Ligera”
Why: Because those first four chords were all you need to get your adrenaline going (and because this was the first song you thought about when you heard this).
5. La Ley, “El Duelo”
Why: Because you and everyone else sang, “Sin amo-oh-ohh-oooohh-ohh-ohh-ooooohh-ohhh-oooorr” at the top of their lungs.
6. Los Enanitos Verdes, “Lamento Boliviano”
Why: Because “Y yo estoy aquí, borracho y loco” summed things up nicely.
7. Maldita Vecindad, “Pachuco”
Why: “No se como te atreves a vestirte de esa forma y salir… así.” Because, as you danced your ass off, you thought about playing this song for your parents.
8. Hombres G, “Devuelveme La Chica”
Why: “SUUUUUUFRE MAMÓOOON.”
9. La Union, “Lobo Hombre en Paris”
Why: Because you believed you were a werewolf after you sang “Auuuuuuu.”
10. Caifanes, “Matenme Porque Me Muero”
Why: Because you learned what it was like to be emo before emo existed.
11. Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, “Matador”
Why: Because the second you heard those drums, you knew what was coming next.
12. Aterciopelados, “Florecita Rockera”
Why: Because this proved the ladies rocked just as hard (or harder) than the boys.
13. Los Amantes de Lola, “Mamá”
Why: Because you tried out your deepest voice to sing the words “Creo que mamá se esta volviendoooo…”
14. Victimas Del Dr. Cerebro, “Ya Tus Amigos”
Why: Because you always wondered who the hell Dr. Cerebro was.
15. Fobia, “El Microbito”
Why: Because you wondered how a song could be so dirty and so cute at the same time.
16. Miguel Mateos, “Cuando Seas Grande”
Why: Because “NENENENENE QUE VAS A HACER? Cuando seas gruuuuundehhhh” was the most fun question you could ask.
17. Soda Stereo, “Persiana Americana”
Why: Because you had no qualms about dancing to a song that was basically about a peeping tom.
18. Café Tacuba, “Ingrata”
Why: Because you stared at you friends in excitement for the first five seconds of this song… and then you LOST YOUR MIND.
19. Fobia, “Camila”
Why: “CAMILA… CAMILA NO ME SUELTES.”
20. Tijuana No!, “Pobre De Tí”
Why: Because you knew the first 30 seconds of this song was just the calm before the storm.
21. Manu Chao, “Me Gustas Tu”
Why: Because this was the song you hoped was playing while you danced with your crush.
22. El Gran Silencio, “Chúntaro Style”
Why: Because this was the song that showed who could really get down on the dance floor.
23. Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas, “Coolo”
Why: Because you got a chance to sing “CULO” before Pitbull was around.
24. Maná, “Oye Mi Amor”
Why: Because EVERYONE was a Maná fan once the alcohol hit them.
25. Los Prisioneros, “Tren Al Sur”
Why: Because there was always someone who thought it was “Tren Azul.”
26. Maná, “Me Vale”
Why: Because there was always someone who though they were clever by yelling “Échale Vampiro” before a song at every concert.
27. Caifanes, “La Negra Tomasa”
Why: Because you got to work the dance floor to a song your parents would recognize.
28. Mikel Erentxun, “Esta Luz Nunca Se Apagará”
Why: Because there was always someone saying, “Hey, that sounds like Morrissey, huh?”